Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Magazine Layouts

For the past 6 months or so I've been pulled in and out of production on the ongoing Mopar Magazine for spring and summer issues as an assistant graphic designer. It's been an experience going into images and retouching while also utilizing them for layouts and reincorporating them into multiple pieces.

The magazine has an industrial looks and feel. mostly designed by our lead art director and head creative Jen McMasters. My main job in previous issues was retouching, outlining and reformatting images for use, however a few of my layouts were accepted in the ongoing automotive magazine.

 (Pages 24-25 in the Mar-Apr issue)
(Pages 38-39 in the May-June issue)
(Page 9 in the Mar-Apr Issue)
With multiple events going on for oncoming automotive functions I've been getting put on all manner of different high-detail and multiple-parted projects.

It was fun and challenging getting to design layouts for print, and I am grateful I had the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment